Gracie’s Gift is a precious little story book. The story of Gracie truly hit home for me as I think it will for anyone who has a little princess (or two, or three …) in their life.
Author Andrea Trosclair takes us on an inspired journey of love as Sean Gautreaux brings Gracie to life with splendid illustrations.
The story opens the morning of Gracie’s birthday. She’s wakes and climbs out of bed excited about the adventures that are in store for her birthday celebration. Everything is perfect as she dances about her room until she spots the bow sitting next to her birthday dress. You see, Gracie does not like wearing hair bows.
She begrudgingly gets dressed and her mother carefully places the matching bow in her hair. Gracie’s mother explains that all the birthday gifts are beautifully wrapped with beautiful big bows.
She explains to Gracie that she is a gift from God. A gift that her mother is eternally thankful for. Because of this, her mother places a big bow in Gracie’s hair to remind her that Gracie is indeed a precious gift from God. A gift tied up with a beautiful big bow.
Why did the story of Gracie’s Gift mean to much to me?
When our daughter was growing up, I tied big ribbon bows in her hair every single day. It didn’t matter if she was wearing jeans and playing in the backyard or if she was dressed in her Easter dress hunting eggs. Now, many years later, I have the blessing of tying up our grand daughter’s hair in brightly colored bows. I, like Gracie’s mother, am ever so thankful for these precious little girls that are gifted to us by God.
Congratulations to our winners #31 Lily in Nevada and #17 Jessica in Virginia.
Two people will a copy of Gracie’s Gift.
1. Required entry – Tell us why you’d like to win Gracie’s Gift.
2. For extra entries:
3. Follow @SimplyCathi on Twitter.
4. Become a fan of Simple Sojourns – Our brand NEW Facebook page.
5. Subscribe by email to Simple Sojourns (right sidebar).
6. You can earn one extra entry each time you tweet (once a day) about this giveaway:
GIVEAWAY! “Gracies’s Gift” storybook. An adorable story for the little girl in your life! #giveaway #win @SimplyCathi
* This giveaway will close at midnight Wednesday December 7, 2011.
* The giveaway is open to US residents only.
* One set of entries per household.
* The winner will be chosen using Random.org and will have 24 hours to respond to the winner notification email.
No compensation was received for this post. A copy of the book was provided for us and the giveaway winner.