I use to spend a lot of time ripping pictures out of magazines and saving them for future use. Recipes, sewing and craft projects to gift ideas, DIY house projects and fashion. Then about 15 years ago along with most everyone else, I discovered the Internet. I stopped ripping up magazines and started snagging pictures online to keep for reference in an online photo album. Now I have hundreds of photos of food without recipes, DIY projects without directions and gorgeous places to visit without a single detail as to where they are.
And then there was Pinterest!
I’m a huge Pinterest user. I have 65 boards and close to 2000 pins. I pin recipes, ideas for projects around the house, backyard party decor, beautiful garden ideas and I even have a bucket list. I almost even have my husband hooked on vintage auto pinning! I considered myself to be Pinterest savvy. But I’m not. At least not yet!
Kelby Carr’s new book, Pinterest For Dummies is making me the Pinterest extraordinaire that I thought I was. I knew the basics for pinning but now I’m honing my skills and etiquette. I’ve learned how major companies are using Pinterest to promote their products. I’ve learned about 10 power pinners and I now follow them. I’ve learned just exactly how to find things that I’m searching for including how to locate pins from particular websites.
Kelby Carr and Pinterest have added happiness to my life. Kelby actually made my life happier last year when I attended my first Type A Parent Conference which she created. And now she’s all but made my life complete (or pretty darn close to it) with her expertise on Pinterest.
So whether you are a Pinterest beginner looking for guidance on creating an account so you can make that very first pin, or you have 2000 pins on 65 boards and need help organizing (and maybe even consolidating a board or two or three) and perfecting your pinning skills, Pinterest For Dummies is a magical book that can make your life happier too!
Congratulations to our winner #29 Erin in Ohio!
One lucky Simple Sojourns reader will win a copy of Pinterest For Dummies.
1. Required entry – Tell us what do you use (or want to use) Pinterest for?
2. For extra entries:
3. Follow @SimplyCathi on Twitter.
4. Become a fan of Simple Sojourns Facebook page.
5. Subscribe by email to Simple Sojourns (right sidebar).
6. You can earn one extra entry each time you tweet (once a day) about this giveaway:
GIVEAWAY! Pinterest For Dummies http://bit.ly/JKCQIR #giveaway #win @typeAparent @SimplyCathi
7. One extra entry if you Stumble this post.
8. One extra entry if you follow us on Goggle +.
* This giveaway will close at midnight Friday June 1, 2012.
* The giveaway is open to US residents only.
* One set of entries per household.
* The winner will be chosen using Random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to the winner notification email.
Disclosure: We received a copy of Pinterest For Dummies for review purposes. All opinions and praises are our own.