Sometimes the best desserts are the easiest to make. This Layered Pudding Dessert with cream cheese and real whipped cream is as easy as can be. Especially if you use Cool Whip (or the like) instead of whipping your own (but I prefer to whip my own). There are four layers. First a pecan filled crust. Then a creamy layer of cream cheese mixed with whipped cream. Topped with a layer of pudding which can be any flavor you want. Chocolate is NY’s favorite. Add a layer of whipped cream and a bit of garnish and there you have it.
Delicious and a bit addictive too!!
What you’ll need:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup melted butter
8 ounce package of cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 package Jello Instant Pudding
3 cups cold milk
1 ounce solid chocolate or preferred garnish
1. The first layer is the crust. Chop 1/2 cup of pecans
2. Melt 1/2 cup butter.
3. Add the chopped pecans and melted butter to 1 cup flour.
4. Mix well.
5. Press the crust dough into a 9 x 9 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 13 minutes. Let cool completely.
6. Now for the second layer. Whip 1 pint of heavy whipping cream and set aside.
7. Cream/beat one 8 ounce package of cream cheese.
8. Add 1 cup of powdered sugar to the cream cheese.
9. Beat together until cream without any chunks of cream cheese.
10. Add 1 cup of the whipped cream but do NOT mix together.
11. Gently FOLD the whipped cream into the cream cheese.
12. Layer the cream cheese/whipped cream mixture on top of the cooled crust.
13. Spread evenly over the crust. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
14. Mix 3 cups cold milk with 1 package Jello Instant Pudding.
15. Pour the pudding over the cream cheese/whipped cream layer and refrigerate for 5 minutes.
16. Add remaining (you may not need all of it) whipping cream to the pudding layer.
17. Spread the whipped cream evenly.
18. Grate 1 ounce of chocolate.
19. Sprinkle the grated chocolate on the whipped cream and …