I’ve discovered that not all recipes can be made with an even exchange of regular flour to gluten-free flour. This cookie recipe however is the exception and I’m thrilled about it. These delectable cookies are crispy yet chewy and more than a bit addictive. Our oldest son nicknamed them ‘cow patties’ when he was a teenager. And, that’s what we still call them. So, let me introduce you to our favorite Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies aka Cow Patties.
1 cup organic butter
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 organic eggs
1 teaspoon organic vanilla
1 3/4 cups gluten-free baking flour
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup organic dark chocolate chips
- Mix together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy (almost to a whipped consistency).
- Add eggs and vanilla beating until blended well.
- Add salt and baking soda blending well.
- Add flour a 1/4 cup at a time mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by a heaping tablespoon full onto an un-greased baking sheet. I cover my baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes making sure the center of cookie is done.
- Slide the cookies while still on the parchment paper/silpat mat off of the baking sheet to a rack to cool and set.
The cookies may look over cooked but they’re not. They may even look kind of ugly but they are truly addictive!