This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FreeToBe #CollectiveBias
Our home is a scent-free zone. Everything right down to our hand soap and laundry detergent is unscented. Not only do we like it that way but it’s also a necessity. David has a sensitivity to all scents, natural and chemical. I’m fine with the actual scents of nature (ie. flowers, trees, plants, herbs), however I become extremely ill around chemical scents. I suffer from MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity). This includes any that touch my skin. It can be a real pain in the wazoo, but living scent/chemical free is healthy and refreshing.
all® Free Clear is our laundry detergent of choice. And it has been for many years. It not only keeps our clothes brand new looking, it keeps them smelling fresh without any perfumes. We also use all® Free Clear on our grandkids clothes.
Our 10-year old granddaughter can get her clothes dirtier than any child I have ever encountered. Seriously! Sometimes Kennedy looks like she spent the day rolling around on the black top at school. No worries though. With a wash cycle in all® Free Clear her clothes are clean and ready to go again. And without harsh chemicals and scents! all® Free Clear fights Kennedy’s tough stains. It also whitens her whites, and brightens her colors.
Our go to place to shop is Target. We can buy most everything we need with one stop. At our particular Target, all® Free Clear products are against the wall far enough away from the laundry aisle with the scented detergents that I don’t feel ill effects from the fumes. It’s as if Target and all® Free Clear were thinking of ME!
Not only is all® Free Clear perfume-free, it’s also dye free. But most importantly for our family, it keeps us healthy and happy. You see … all® Free Clear is the number one detergent recommended by dermatologist, allergist and pediatricians for sensitive skin. And because there are no dyes, perfumes, irritating residues and certain chemicals, all® Free Clear has been awarded the seal of acceptance by the national eczema association. That’s huge! But most importantly for our family, it can remove 99% of everyday and seasonal allergens including cat and dog dander, dust mite matter, ragweed, grass, and tree pollen. Wow!
We try our best to live a green and organic lifestyle free from chemical and scents. Something we use to help us with that are wool laundry balls. Wool laundry balls are tennis size balls we toss in the dryer with our wet clothes in place of fabric softener and/or dryer sheets.
Dryer Balls are quick and easy to make and eliminate the need for fabric softener. Just pop them in the dryer with a load of wet clothes and they help the clothes dry quicker, wrinkle less, and reduce static cling. They save time and money by helping clothes dry faster. They soften and fluff the clothes and are used over and over again for years. Natural and organic! Win-win!
Supplies for four dryer balls:
- 2 skeins of 100% wool yarn. The yarn must be 100% wool or the balls will not felt.
- Crochet hook or blunt tipped sewing needle. This is used to pull your loose end through your completed dryer ball. It’s probably easier to borrow a crochet hooks as many people have them. I personally am a seamstress so I had a blunt tipped needle.
- Old clean panty hose or knee-high stocking.
- 5 pieces of string heavy or dental floss cut 6 inches long.
- Each skein of wool yarn will make two tennis size ball dryer balls. Start by looping the yarn around two fingers 5 to 8 times. This will be the start of your yarn ball.
- Continue tightly wrapping the yarn around the ball until it is the size of a tennis ball.
- Give yourself 6-8 inches of extra yarn and snip the end.
- Use the crochet hook or blunt tipped needle to pull your loose end through the ball several times to tie it off.
- Slip each completed ball into the panty hose and tie with string at each end and in between each ball.
- Toss in the washing machine for two or three hot wash cycles with other clothes. Toss in hot dryer and…
Voila! You now have your very own chemical-free, all natural dryer balls!
Do you have a scent-free home? Which all® product would fit your lifestyle best? Check out the new all® community to find out about their latest products first.
He/David says: Faster drying time is great and scent free is even better. (But I still have to remind Cathi to clean out the lint trap!)
She/Cathi says: Life is full of scary chemicals and pollution that effects our health. Some people, like I am, are more sensitive than others. all® Free Clear has been an answer to my environmental sensitivities and helps make my life enjoyable.