Summertime is fast approaching, especially here in Southern California. Fact is, we kind of missed out on winter! Sandals are at the ready for enjoyment of warmer weather to come.
We recently hosted our DisneySide Home Celebration where our fashion loving grand daughter dressed the part in a black ruffled skirt, an easy to make Minnie Mouse Tee AND a pair of easy to make Minnie Mouse Ribbon Sandals. Kennedy’s #DisneySide outfit was all under ten dollars … from Walmart!
- Flip Flop Sandals (We bought the darling black & white polka dotted pair at Walmart for 98 cents!)
- A variety of brightly colored ribbon. (Approximately 4 – 5 yards total, depending on size of sandals)
- Scalloped or pinking shears (optional)
- Cut ribbon into 7 inch strips.
- Tie each strip of ribbon onto the straps of the sandals with a tight-as-you-can knot. I used a few more ribbon strips on the outside straps of the sandals.
- Trim the ribbon ties to about 1 1/2 inches long. I used scalloped shears, but pinking shears would be good too. Tying knots with 7 inch strips is easier than with any shorter length, even though a fair amount gets trimmed off.
- If you don’t have scalloped or pinking shears, straight cut the ribbon at an angle to keep it from unraveling. Although the unraveling could add a bit of character!
Ta Daa!! Easy peasy and oh so fun!!