This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LuminousWhites #CollectiveBias
We’re all about living as green a lifestyle as possible. Living green becomes a habit and a way of life. We’ve found it’s rewarding for the planet and for our personal health and wellbeing. I suffer from MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity), so we’ve worked hard to eliminate chemicals, preservatives and additives from our home and foods, as well as from the household and personal products we use.
The results? We feel better and live better. And we’re doing our part to keep the planet healthy and beautiful.
One of the easy things we do for the environment is to use reusable shopping bags. It’s very simple to do. We keep reusable bags in both cars. We’re mighty particular about the bags we use, too. They have to be environmentally friendly, which also makes them friendly for me with my MCS. (I have terrible reactions to most plastics.)
Our DIY reusable shopping bag is easy peasy to make. Even kids can make it! All you need is a t-shirt, a pair of scissors, and your good to go! If you have a sewing machine you can stitch the bag closed. But for those who don’t, or for an easy project for the kids, it can be made without. Here we go!
DIY Reusable Shopping Bag
- Lay your t-shirt out on a flat surface
- Carefully cut the arms off at the seam with the seam staying on the sleeve
- Using a bowl as a guide, cut out the neckline
- If you’d like, you can now cut the hole a bit more oval
- Decide how deep you want your bag before you close up the bottom. You can turn the bag inside out and sew the bottom shut with a sturdy stretch stitch, or do the no-sew method as follows:
The no-sew method:
- Cut fringe by making diagonal cuts up the t-shirt hem every 1inch. These cuts should be 3 inches deep/long. You can mark the 3 inch mark with a ruler and fabric pen.
- Now tie the fringe into knots as shown
- You can use your bag with the fringe showing on the outside or …
- Simply flip your bag inside outside out for a cleaner look
Using reusable shopping bags is just one of the many ways we do our best to live green. We try to shop for products from companies that are in tune with the environment. Tom’s of Maine® is one of our favorites!
Their products are not only awesome, but they go the extra mile. They have high standards, as do we! They never use artificial colors, flavors, fragrances, or preservatives. And they never test on animals. Tom’s of Maine® takes their commitment to their customers, employees, communities, the environment and the planet very seriously.
Our new favorite product is Tom’s of Maine® Luminous White™ Toothpaste Cool Mint. It’s safe for enamel and everyday use. Staying true to their standards, Tom’s of Maine® hasn’t added any artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. And Tom’s of Maine® Luminous White™ is gluten-free. But most importantly for me, it’s naturally derived.
We’re Walmart shoppers because we like the convenience and the prices. We found Tom’s of Maine® Luminous White™ Toothpaste in the personal care aisle, near the pharmacy. It’s along side other Tom’s of Maine® toothpastes. Always wanting to be prepared, we stocked up on Luminous White. All three bathrooms are ready to go! It’s important to us to have the right personal care supplies on hand at all times, especially during the upcoming holidays.
How about you? Are you a fan of natural products and companies that are environmentally friendly? It’s never too late to start making a difference for both yourself and the planet. Cheers to a healthy life and a beautiful planet!