Valentine’s Day and chocolate go together hand in hand. Especially when it comes to my husband. NY loves chocolate. Chocolate of any kind. And M&Ms, well, we can eat them by the handfuls or savor them one at a time. Me? I favor the latter. I like to let them literally melt in my mouth. But back to Valentine’s Day. In honor of the national holiday that celebrates love and chocolate, we have a quick but adorable Valentine M&M jar with a printable tag.
Perfect for your love, your neighbor, the kid’s teachers, or anyone. Make someone’s day with a little jar of chocolate. They just might make you their Valentine!
Supplies: *affiliate links included
- Small mason jars with lids and rings. I used 4 ounce jelly jars. One large bag will fill 4 jars
- Scrapbook paper in Valentine colors/patterns
- Valentine M&Ms – One bag will fill four small jars
- Baker’s Twine and/or thin pink/red ribbon
- PRINTABLE tags
- Pencil for tracing the jar lid onto the scrapbook paper
- Scissors for cutting
- Large needle or something to poke a hole in the heart tag
- Wash & dry jars. Fill each with Valentine colored M&Ms
- Trace jar lid onto your scrapbook paper and cut out the lid circles just inside the traced line
- Place the paper circles under the lid rim, on top of the actual lid. Screw the lids on the jars
- Print out our PRINTABLE heart tags on card stock paper
- Carefully cut out each printed heart and poke a hole above the little heart on the tag. I used a large needle
- Cut your baker’s twine or ribbon in 20-inch lengths (We doubled our baker’s twine so to wrap it around the jar ring twice)
- Thread your baker’s twine or ribbon through the hole on the printed heart tag
- Tie the heart tag on the jar lid with a bow or square knot
Happy Valentine’s Day!