Holiday baking is something I look forward to all year long. I have several traditional recipes I make during the Christmas season. This year I’m making gluten-free adaptions. It doesn’t always work, but sometimes it’s simply fabulous! A tradition my mother taught me is to always use only the best ingredients: real butter, pure vanilla andNestlé Chocolate Chips. I’m honored to partner with Nestlé and share a delightful Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Jar recipe.
It’s an easy, festive gift. And we’ve included a free printable recipe tag! We also have an everyday year round version of the gift tag!
Nestlé has been bringing chocolate chips into our kitchens since 1939. The chocolate chips have evolved into a variety of choices. We used both the Semi-Sweet Morsels and the Premium White Morsels in our Cookies in a Jar recipe.
**The recipe is for a 1 quart mason jar. If you’re making more than one jar, line the jars up and fill as an assembly line.
- 1 quart size wide mouth mason jar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
Ingredients for mixing and baking the cookies:
- 1 jar of cookie mix
- 3/4 cup butter (we use KerryGold grass-fed butter)
- 1 egg (we use eggs from vegetarian free-range chickens)
- 1 teaspoons organic pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk (we use almond milk)
- 1 1/2 cups Nestlé Premium White Chocolate Chips for melting and dipping the cookies
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in small bowl.
- Carefully pour the flour mixture into the 1-quart jar.
- Carefully layer the brown sugar, granulated sugar, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and oats in that order into the jar atop the flour mixture pressing down after each layer.
- Place lid on jar.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl mix together butter, egg and vanilla.
- Add jar of cookie mix and mix until well blended. If necessary a teeny bit more milk.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Melt white chocolate according to directions on package. ( I prefer using a double boiler) Dip half of each cookie in melted chocolate and let them cool on parchment paper.
- Trace the jar lid onto decorative scrapbook paper or wrapping paper. Cut out and place on top of the jar lid. Twist the band back on.
- Use our free printable tag. Attach it to the jar with ribbon or baker’s string.
Cookies in a jar make a delightful holiday gift for family, friends, and neighbors!
Use this printable for an everyday year-round gift!