New York (aka David) loves Blue Cheese. I mean really really loves it. So, we took a tub blue cheese crumbles and mixed it up a bit with our favorite Mountain High Yoghurt and came up with a delicious jar of Chunky Blue Cheese Yoghurt Dressing. And it’s not just for salads. NY enjoyed it on his baked potato last night.
Mountain High Yoghurt has always been a favorite of ours. Fact of the matter is, before I was prescribed a dairy-free diet, I had yoghurt one way or another almost everyday. Now NY and the grands enjoy what I miss. And, I have to say, I adore everything about the Mountain High website. Everything! It’s totally me! I would be the grandma letting my grandbaby finger paint with yoghurt.
1/2 cup Mayonnaise ( we use Just Mayo)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
1 clove garlic (pressed or minced)
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
There are several variations to making this dressing.
- Blend the blue cheese with the yoghurt and mayonnaise in a blender for a creamy dressing.
- Blend 1/2 the blue cheese in the blender with the yoghurt and mayonnaise. Stir the remaining blue cheese in for a bit of the chunky effect.
- Do not use a blender at all stirring all the blue cheese in with the yoghurt and mayonnaise for a delectable chunky dressing. This is how we made the dressing.
It’s all a matter of preference and taste. Same with the salt and pepper. Use both seasonings to taste.
- Combine 1/2 cup yoghurt, 1/2 cup mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in medium bowl.
- Stir together with a whisk until blended well.
- Add 3/4 cup blue cheese crumbles and stir together.
- Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Serve as desired immediately and be sure to store left over in the refrigerator.
- This recipe makes about a little less than 2 cups. Because it’s thick and chunky, I store our dressing in a pint canning/mason jar so it’s easy to scoop out.